Sunday, March 18, 2012

"Florals? For Spring? Ground breaking"

Well Miranda Priestly said it well, florals are hardly a shocking trend for spring, and yet I still love them! I think it's mainly because of the bright colors that are inevitably associated with them. And after months of grays and blacks I'm ready for a punch of color.
I'm kind of addicted to Gossip Girl, one of the huge draws being the fabulous clothes. And this is literally one of my favorite looks ever showcased. I adore the pink accents in the belt and purse, and the silhouette of the dress is pure perfection. I even admire Blair's daringness to mix in another pattern, especially with such a bold dress, and yet somehow it works! 

Not sure if you would technically consider this a floral but I say it's in the family. This look is such a great alternative if you're not wild about being draped head to toe in a floral print. This top looks fantastic paired with simple black shorts and a colorful clutch. She was also smart to pull her hair back, allowing the print of the top to be the statement. Olivia always has flawless taste. 


Ran across this photo on pinterest (my total obsession) and I love this idea. If you're into the floral trend but may not want to sport it every day, this is a great option for you. A cute suit is perfect! 
And if you are just dipping your toe into the floral pool, this is an idea for you. I've seen so many bold scarves lately, just attach one to a purse and you're good to go! The great part about this is you're not confined to anything, you can mix up the looks countless times. And this look always looks so chic! 

1 comment:

  1. The outfit Blair is wearing in the first picture is one of my all-time favorites, too! I love the bright colors--everything about it screams warm weather!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs