Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Pop of Color

If you’re like me, you’ve become obsessed with the latest spring trend of colored skinny jeans. Even my fashion idol, Kate Middleton, is getting in on the trend! She was spotted today wearing one of the pairs I covet the most, J Brand. Her pair appears to be the lipstick or tangerine.


            I’m also kind of in love with one of my most recent purchases, a pair of cropped, mint green, Free People jeans. They even have a zipper detail at the ankle! I’m honestly counting down the days until I can wear these with my other most recent obsession, brown Jack Rogers wedges.

Maybe it’s because these jeans are showing up in colors reminiscent of Easter, but they just scream spring to me! What I really love about them is they allow us to mix up the standard blue denim (which, I don’t know about you, but am growing very tired of after fall and winter). The truly great thing about them is they allow us to break out of our rut without committing the universal fashion faux pas, wearing your white jeans before Memorial Day.

            I have my eye on a few other colors I am hoping to add to my closet, my favorites being the bubblegum pink, salmon, and yellow. Zara is selling a pair similar to those in the picture for $79.

The pair I have from Free People also come in a peach, retailing for $88. 

And of course the beloved pair the Duchess was rocking, come in practically every color under the sun (but come with a heftier price tag of $176).

 So go out and spruce up those closets and welcome spring, and this beautiful weather, with a bang!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs