Thursday, April 19, 2012

Currently Coveting- Jewelry Edition

Lately I've been very much into jewelry. I think it is the perfect finishing touch to an outfit to take it from cute to CHIC! Here are a few tips of incorporating statement pieces into your look: 

Let's start with the basics: 


The staples: Here are the pieces I cannot live without and wear every single day, without fail. I am so dependent on my watch it's crazy (and yet I am still, constantly, running late). It's important to have jewelry that you can build upon, and I always love pieces that are sentimental to you, as well. That doesn't mean things need to cost an arm and a leg, either. My spoon ring cost less than $35 from my sorority jewelry sale Sophomore year in college, but I love it! Your basics should be simple, things that won't clash or distract from other pieces on which you layer. 

Once you have you staples in place it is important to distinguish what type of jewelry category you fall into.

The Minimalist:
A few small pieces are sufficient for you. I definitely used to consider myself in this group. I had two favorite, very simple, necklaces (one gold, one silver) I would turn to if I felt a neckline needed it, because for some reason I felt as those jewelry was overwhelming on me. I relied heavily on my wishbone necklace to add a little something extra to an outfit, without being too busy. I received mine as a gift from a boutique a few years ago, so haven't been able to locate my exact one, but found some similar options for the minimalist! 

So I have a slight obsession with Dogeared necklaces (they also have bracelets!). I love how dainty they are and adore that each one has a special meaning associated with it.  There are countless styles that are perfect for any type of style. (They also make wonderful, meaningful, gifts) 


While I, personally, adore Kate Spade for her whimsical and eccentric esthetic, some of her simple pieces are wonderfully simple and classic. This is her Open Spade Pendant Necklace which retails for $78. 


The Intermediate:
This is the category into which I most likely fall. This person has a mixture of both loud and fun pieces, as well as simple and clean. I think this bracelet I stumbled upon at work, the other day, is a perfect example of the juxtaposition of the two styles. 


This bracelet is simple enough to avoid being ostentatious but also make enough of a statement that it doesn't get lost in an outfit. 


The Statement Maker: 
I have loved the bubble necklaces forever. I think they are so fun! But find their price tags less than appealing. But today I came across a website that had a few for, brace yourself, $38!! It comes in navy, forest green, and red. I most definitely need this. 

Here are a few others I found on A Cut Above


I have this one and LOVE it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs