Sunday, April 29, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Happy One Year Anniversary to My Favorite Couple! 

It's hard to believe it has already been a year since I woke up at 4:45am to witness every detail of the royal wedding. I sat on the phone with my best friend and text my mom (who was at a slumber party with her friends) through the entire event. Suffice it to say, I didn't make it to my classes that day, but it was so worth it. Since then (well basically since the engagement) I have been fascinated with everything having to do with The Duchess, Kate Middleton. I have many style icons, but Ms. Middleton (I guess she's now Mrs. Windsor?) is definitely at the top of the list. Every fashion choice she makes is flawless. I've compiled a few of my absolute favorite looks (though it was most definitely hard to choose). 
First and foremost, you cannot discuss Catherine without discussing her breathtaking wedding gown. The Alexander McQueen, one of a kind, dress is absolutely stunning. The fitted bodice was the perfect silhouette for her tiny waste and the v-neckline was so modern and refreshing (and worked surprisingly well with the classic lace). 
Every detail was pure perfection, including the delicate myrtle and lily-of-the-valley bouquet. My personal favorite touch was the maple trees lining the aisle. 


It was difficult to top the original gown, but I may love this look even more (it's a really tough call)! The jeweled waist and satin was so simple and elegant. My favorite touch by far was the white Angora Balero Shrug. Couple with her famous flowing locks, it was pure perfection! 
Prior to the wedding, Catherine made many appearances, one while wearing this undeniably chic Burberry trench. What sets this trench coat aside from others is the ruffle detail at the hem and the reflective, silver buttons. 

I was glued to the computer daily during the couple's tour of Canada and quick trip to the US and fell head-over-heels for a few of her looks (well for all of them, but these were my absolute favs) 
This very well may be my favorite look of hers, ever. I think this shade of green is so perfect with her coloring and the simplicity of these DVF shift dress is so flattering on her slender frame. The belt bow detail is the perfect, finishing touch, to accentuate the tiny waist. Just find this so effortlessly beautiful. 
I think I love this Jenny Packham dress, and the DVF one captured above, is because I could actually see myself wearing them. This yellow dress is too cute for words!
The same designer, Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, who designed Kate's wedding gown, designed this lavender evening gown and it could not be more perfect. You already know I love anything lilac! 


Shortly after saying "I Do" Kate was seen stepping out with her hubby to the Epson Derby horse race in a white Reiss dress and jacket. I cannot explain how much I love this look, the fascinator completely makes it! 
At one of the semi formal events the pair attended Catherine wore a red floor length gown that tied at the waist with a red sash. The dress was by Beulah London. This look is definitely one of my top five favorites, of all time. 

I genuinely could go one forever, I am never disappointed by her choices. It's unbelievable that someone can hit it out of the park with every outfit they wear! She is so classic and elegant, yet still modern and relevant- a true style inspiration. 

One of my favorite websites is whatkatewore.com for all the latest info on her fabulous style! Congrats to the happy couple on one happy year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs