Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Momma's Day

Every year I am at a loss of what to buy my beautiful Momma for Mother's Day. I consider myself to be notoriously bad at buying gifts for people. For some reason I just cannot anticipate what the recipient would enjoy. I'll spend hours in a store trying to pick out something. (It also doesn't help that my selfless mother repeatedly tells me that she doesn't need anything.) But this year I am determined to give my mom the Mother's Day she deserves. 

I know a lot of girls say their mothers are their best friend, but I can say that, in my case, it's absolutely true. I genuinely wish I could put into words just how much my, incredibly kind, mother means to me but I fear that even the strongest sentiment wouldn't do it justice. I am an only child which means that I am blessed to have a very uniquely close relationship with both of my parents ("we're the three best friends that anyone could have"). And regardless of how many times I have complained about not having siblings (and believe me, it was quite frequently when I was younger), I wouldn't trade how close I am with my parents for a hundred brothers and sisters. My mother is the woman I strive to be every day. She has the kindest heart and most gentle spirit of anyone I have ever met. It truly is not an exaggeration to say that everyone who meets her adores her as much as I do. So my dear Momma, thank you for being my best friend! 

So if you feel as strongly about your mother as I do about mine, what do you say we give them a day that shows just how grateful we are to have them in our lives? 

Here are a few gift ideas to make your mom's day truly special: 


Who wouldn't love a pair of cozy, seersucker, pajamas with their monogram? 


Every lady deserves some luxury in her life and these Diptyque candles are the perfect way to do it. 


How about a pair of monogrammed Jack Rogers? Perfect for summer! 


Are you sensing a trend? Since I inherited my love of monograms from my mother (and grandmother!) I think they are the perfect, personal, touch to any Mother's day gift. This sun hat would be fantastic for mom for days on the beach, or by the pool. 


As my girl Jennifer Aniston says in The Break-Up "Every girl likes flowers". So remember you can never go wrong with a bouquet of mom's favorite blooms 


From a TV lover, a box set of mom's favorite show on DVD is a fantastic gift (and one I wouldn't mind receiving) 


Treat mom to a little pampering and get her a mani or pedi gift certificate. 


These monogrammed Tervis Tumblers are an adorable gift idea. Perfect for summer cocktails! 

I can't spill the beans on what I'm purchasing for my mom but I'll be sure to let you know once I've given it to her! 

Make sure you do all you can so that your momma feels like Queen for a Day! 



2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh what great gift ideas! i'll be doing a post on last minute gift idea's tomorrow! love urs!!! new follower, girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i adore that sun hat! and i agree ... every year i ponder on a gift. nothing seems big enough. or great enough. or nice enough. and then my mom says "a card would have been more than enough". blah. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs