Friday, June 29, 2012

Jet Setter

In the up coming weeks I'm going to be doing a substantial amount of traveling (one weekend to New York, and possibly the Hamptons, and to Atlantic City and the beach the following weekend). Both adventures are reunions of sorts, so I am unbelievably excited. In New York, I'm going to be visiting my best friend Lauren and the Atlantic City trip is to meet up with my sorority sisters from college. I honestly cannot wait! (Not that I'm wishing away one of my favorite holidays, I'm just eagerly anticipating).Jet Setter




As you can probably guess, I've been mentally deciding what I am going to be taking. I will most likely do another post on what clothes I take (either before or after the trips) but I thought it would be fun to show you what essentials I plan on packing (especially for the bus or car ride there). 

First, the bags: 
The pink ikat patterned bags are by Scout. They are waterproof and light weight. My mom has used their bags for the pool and beach for years and we love them. I think this pattern is absolutely fabulous (as you know I'm as sucker for anything pink and navy- and ikat for that matter). Momma bought me the makeup case last weekend, as a little surprise, and I love it already. I keep my new baby Clarisonic, and it's charger ect., in there. It's the perfect travel bag. 


I also recently purchased this new Longchamp bag. I have been using them since high school and, honestly, cannot say enough good things about them. (One even ended up being my Mother's Day gift to Momma, this year). A few months ago I discovered this style and have been dying for it ever since (there is no top zipper, just handles, so it varies from the classic). I originally wanted it in their khaki or olive colors but, of course, they sold out before I had a chance to get one. So I decided on the white. Yes, I am deathly afraid of it getting dirty, and I am also aware that means I can only use it a few months out of the year but I am still really excited about it! I think it will be a great, fun, everyday summer bag (I'll just have to be super careful not to put it down anywhere). 


Jewelry:
While these bangles will be far from the only jewelry I pack, they are what I am most excited about. I recently bought this starfish bangle and haven't had a chance to wear it yet but I just love it. I think it's the perfect accent piece to any outfit. And the plain gold bangles compliment it so well. 


Tech Accessories: 
Can't go anywhere without my phone! And of course I need some tunes for the long bus, and car, ride. It's, honestly, one of my favorite parts of the trip, just looking out the window, listening to my music (is that sad?). 


Literature: 
Currently, I'm reading Commencement by J. Courtney Sullivan and am really liking it. It's a pretty easy beach read about four girls who meet in college and form a lasting bond, and follows them as they reunite to be bridesmaids at one of the girl's wedding. 


And, of course, a stack of magazines! 


Finish it off with my trusty sunglasses and my obsession, Bobbi Brown Beach, and I am ready to hit the road! 

1 comment:

  1. Love everything especially those Tory Burch sunnies. You can never go wrong with a Longchamp - like you, I've been wanting to get the olive or khaki colored Longchamp. I've also been wanting to read Commencement for awhile now!

    New follower! So happy I found your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs