Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sarong? Or So Right?

Lately I have been seeing these Pareo skirts popping up everywhere. From what I can gather Pareo skirts are similar to sarongs in that they are a large piece of fabric that is tied in particular fashions to make items of clothing. I really like them but am concerned I wouldn't know how to tie it correctly, or worse, it would fall off! But I do think they look extremely comfortable, cool for the summer months, and effortlessly chic. 

This is hands down my favorite one I have seen 
It is by Tuckernuck. I absolutely love the shades of blue, I think it would be the perfect piece for a post-beach day, evening out. 

This skirt is also by Tuckernuck, but as you can see it is tied in a shorter style. 

I also love this scarf print skirt (not sure if it's technically a Pareo) from ASOS. The colors are gorgeous 

So tell me, have you gotten in on this trend? Is it difficult to make the skirt actually stay on? 


3 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this trend, but I love the shorter skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love all these skirts!! These pattern are awesome!! Floral print is one of my favourit for this year!! Want the second one, the cut is perfect!! Very inspiring!

    Hope you visit me on my blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs