Thursday, June 7, 2012

Totally Tory

Am I the only one who thinks this week has lasted forever? Maybe it's just me, but after this long, exhausting, week I am glad to see the weekend approaching! It's an understatement to say I don't do well with change, I absolutely detest disrupting my routine. But this summer I am forcing myself to step out of my comfort zone (after all, that's the only way you grow, right?). For the past four summers (and this past school year) I have worked at a preschool and have loved every minute of it! But this summer I was approached with the opportunity to become a nanny. I loved the idea of actually getting to spend days at the pool, instead of on a hot playground. But now the realization of my decision is setting in. I miss all those little people! It's definitely an adjustment having to find things to occupy an entire day. I'm sure I will get used to it and learn to love it, it's just so different from what I'm used to doing! On the bright side, the family is fantastic and I am confident we are going to have a wonderful summer!


I also have the added benefit of only nannying three days a week (that was the real draw that led me to this job)! So I have a fabulous, four day weekend looking me in the face and the only question is, what to do with my day off tomorrow? Since I'm gearing up for a busy weekend, with a reunion with my two best friends (who are both named Lauren), I have a day full of wonderful, pampering errands planned- I call this a "Totally Tory Day".  I'm definitely seizing the day tomorrow! 


First, and in my opinion most importantly, is sleeping in. I am in desperate need of a good nights rest (I'm still not on this new schedule that consists of working nights at a clothing store and early mornings to relive working parents). 


After this I plan on getting a mani/ pedi, hopefully with Momma- if she is able to leave work early, and enjoy some Starbucks- it's right next door- how perfect is that? 

 Then, of course, some shopping for a outfit (or two) for the weekend. Hey- what's the point of working if not to spend the money? I found a great top at one of my favorite, regional, stores South Moon Under. But I also wouldn't mind finding a nice summer dress, since it's starting to get hot here. 


And finally, if time permits,  I wouldn't mind laying out and enjoying my book. 


What activities relax you? Always remember to pamper yourself too

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs