Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cosmetic Cases

I have always had a thing for cosmetic cases (even though, oddly enough, I'm not that into makeup). Since I'm kind of clueless when it comes to makeup, I know how to do what I wear and that's about it, I decided to expand my horizons this summer. I recently signed up for birchbox, which is similar to a magazine subscription, in that, you pat $10 a month and they send you a little package with the latest beauty samples. I figured this would be a good way for me to dip my toe in the water, so to speak. My first box should be arriving in the next few days and I'll be sure to fill you in on what goodies I receive.



Since I've also been, pretty much, using the same cosmetics since I started wearing makeup (hey, if it ain't broke) I signed up for a makeup tutorial at, where else, Nordstrom with Bobbi Brown this Saturday in hopes of being turned on to some new finds.

So with all of this new makeup I need a new cosmetic case, right? I feel like I'm constantly on a search for the perfect one. I don't need a super huge one since there isn't too much to put in there but I also want it to have enough room for all my essentials. And, of course, the main stipulation is that it has to be cute. But, like every other aspect of my life, I'm super indecisive about them.

Currently I have a simple navy, quilted Vineyard Vines bag. It's a good size and I loved it when I bought it, but due to the nature of it's purpose, it gets a little dirty and dingy so I think it's time for a new one.



I recently bought this Marc Jacobs cosmetic pouch to house my travel necessities (my lotion, deodorant and perfume). I had originally bought it as a makeup bag but since it doesn't sit up right, I decided against it (I like to be able to see inside).



Here are a few of the makeup bags I've been scouting:

I really like the idea of having a, sort of, matching set so I think this is my favorite. I'm just a little less enthusiastic about the hefty price tag of $88. 

I found this Tory one on sale. I think the print is cute


These two are by Kate Spade and are a great size. I had one very similar, from J. Crew a few years ago. 

1 comment:

  1. lovely post and blog!

    check me out ..
    http://elliebeaa.blogspot.com xxxx

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs