Thursday, July 12, 2012

Soho Much Fun


Since I've basically been playing catch up all week, I figured I would give a little weekend update from last weekend...just in time for next weekend. 

 As I'm sure you know, I went up to New York City last weekend to visit my best friend Lauren.


I had such a fantastic time!

Friday night I really stepped out of my comfort zone, and had my first Thai experience. Lauren and her roommate took me to a Thai restaurant around the corner from their apartment. I have, my entire life, been a ridiculously picky eater and hardly ever branch out. But I loved it! 



My wallet, of course, didn't fare as well. Laur lives on the East Side so we, first, did a little shopping relatively close to her apartment (Kate Spade and J. Crew) 

We got these really cute friendship bracelets (yes, we're those people) at Kate Spade. I got pink and Laur got yellow. 



Picked up a simple neon green sweat shirt and this top that I have been coveting for awhile at J. Crew 


J Crew top

I clearly went a little stripe crazy. My friend had been telling me for months about Chris Burch's (yes Tory Burch's ex husband) store in Soho, C. Wonder. There has been a great deal of drama concerning the store, which bares incredible similarities to Tory's boutiques. It is an adorable store with incredibly inexpensive merchandise. I highly recommend stopping by if you find yourself in the city (I also read he is opening another store in Columbus Circle in September). I picked up this little dress there for only $58. 
Stripey Tee Dress - Dresses & Skirts - Shop by Category - Clothing
I searched high and low for an outfit to wear Saturday night, when I finally stumbled upon the dress in the top photo. It's from a store I never even look in, Bebe. But once I tried it on, I knew it was exactly what I was looking for!

Sunday we went to The Frying Pan which is situated on the Hudson River. It couldn't have been a more beautiful day (except I wouldn't have minded it if it was slightly cooler)


After leaving the west side, I stopped at my favorite place in all of New York City, Henri Bendel's.


If you're planning a trip to the city any time soon, you must go here! It's located on 56th and 5th and it is absolute heaven. It's completely filled with accessories. I picked up a bracelet and a sleep mask (random I know but have been looking for one since the sun comes in so brightly in the morning).

So there is a play by play of last weekend, and tomorrow I am off to the beach and Atlantic City. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I just started following your blog and I love it! Your weekend looks like it was so much fun! I really like your friendship bracelets too!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs