Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday Social

I've seen a questionnaire, on other blogs, that is posted every Sunday and I thought it would be something fun in which to participate (especially since this weeks questions are fashion related). So here goes:

Where is your favorite store to shop: Without a doubt J.Crew is definitely my favorite. I have often said that if I had to choose one store, for the rest of my life, from where to buy my clothes it would be here. There style is classic, yet relevant. I honestly could spend hours in their stores, and never leave without seeing at least one thing I love. I also love Nordstrom for the higher end pieces of my wardrobe. South Moon Under is also a store I frequent, for more trendy, going out, clothing. Online I love Asos.com.



If you could afford anything and everything, which designer brand would you covet: My favorite designer of all time is Oscar de la Renta. I think he has such an eye for elegance and what flatters a woman's figure. He is bold, yet sophisticated. His bridal collection, in particular is breathtaking. If I had to choose brands that I would get more wear out of (since I don't think ball gowns are, necessarily, practical in my life at the moment) I love tibi, Alice and Olivia, theory, DVF, Elizabeth and James, Emerson Fry, Shoshanna, and of course Kate Spade and Tory Burch. I could go on for days on this question...







Emerson Fry
Must Have Closet Staple: Shoes- brown boots, summer sandals, ballet flats, a comfortable pair of pumps Dresses- A simple shift, a black cocktail dress, maxi dress Bottoms- skinny jeans, white jeans, tons of skirts, leggings, yoga pants Tops- J.Crew ruffle blouses (their names change depending on the season but the silhouette is very similar), edgy going out shirts, white v-necks and crew neck t-shirts Jacket- Barbour Bedale Wax Jacket


Wardrobe Staples



Best Clothing Deal You've Ever Gotten: Nothing really huge stands out, I got a Tory Burch tote on sale for $100 a few summers ago. I would say the best luck I've had is in the J.Crew sale section, I've gotten some previously pricey items on sale for next to nothing!

Style You'd Love to Try: I have been very intrigued by floral jeans but I've noticed they are pretty difficult to pull off (they aren't the most flattering on a lot of people). I also have been wanted to try the peplum top look.

2 comments:

  1. adore j crew!

    come over and visit nichollvincent.blogspot.com :)

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! If you have a minute, please check out my

    blog and follow me if you liked it. I'll appreciate it so

    much! Thanks!

    $30 RIRE giveaway

    on my blog

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs