Friday, August 24, 2012

Plan It Out

As I've told you countless times, I am a huge organization freak and rely heavily on my planner. I usually keep my schedule in a few different places, I make sure to enter important dates into my phone, in the notebook I carry with my everywhere, and in my agenda. This pretty much ensures I won't forget an important event. My planner is my lifeline, I genuinely think I would have gone insane at some point without it. So after repeatedly telling you of my organizational tactics, I thought it was about time I put my money where my mouth is and show you how I organize my planner (just in time for back to school).
I have the Lilly Pulitzer soft cover agenda. I've used the Lilly planners for four years now and am addicted. I've had other agendas in the past but am so used to this one now I really don't think I could switch at this point. I'm still on the fence concerning how I feel about the soft cover. I chose this one because, embarrassingly enough, I liked the cover the most (hey, you want it to be pretty right?). I'm terrified the edges are going to get bent at some point, but right now I'm liking it enough. 

For me, the monthly calendar page is the most important. 

It's much easier to be able to see the whole month in a glance to know when I'm free and when I'm now. I color coordinate everything based on category (important work functions get one color, babysitting another, and fun events are another). 

Since I'm not longer a student, the sections that I used to dedicate to my daily homework assignments have become the space where I write my to-do lists.

 I'm a list freak, I write tons a day. My notebook has most of them, but for the most important things, I make sure to write them in my agenda. I highlight anything that is extremely important so I don't miss anything. 

So I'd love to know, how do you keep your schedule organized? 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE. And here I thought I was the only one with a real live planner. All of my friends just use their phones and make fun of me ... but I couldn't live without my planner! I've "misplaced" it a time or two and seriously had a panic attack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my lilly planner too! I love to write things down and know exactly what is going on! Have a happy Saturday and be sure to check out my giveaway ending tonight!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lilly planners! Even when I am out in the real world I will probably still be using one just like you :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs