Friday, August 31, 2012

The Look for Less: Fall Jackets

With Fall weather fast approaching (can you believe tomorrow is already the first day of September?), it's time to start looking for the appropriate jacket. My friend suggested that I do a post on affordable, cute, coats (shout out to Claire) so here you have it!
Save or Splurge

As I've told you a few times, I cannot live without my Barbour Beadnell jacket. It's literally one of my favorite pieces in my whole closet, but the price it a little steep so I found some more cost effective options! This LL.Bean Adirondack Barn Coat retails for just $79! (I'm partial to the stone color but for the Barbour look-a-like, go with the Loden color). J. Crew has a jacket that's even more similar to the Barbour, known as The Downtown Field Jacket. This is a little more expensive, for $148. But if you want to splurge and go for the original (which I highly recommend!) the price varies, but you can find one near you here.

Save or Splurge


Quilted jackets are another classic with which you can, just, never go wrong. Burberry sells the most amazing jacket but it cost $495. LL. Bean had a wonderful version for $129.


Save or Splurge

Fall weather can unpredictable, one moment it's warm and the next it's turned breezy and chilly. Anorak jackets are the perfect solution, they're light weight but still offer protection from the elements. LL. Bean's cost friendly version runs for $49 and J.Crew's jacket costs $98.

Save or Splurge

Peacoats are another classic piece, and, in my opinion, a staple in every girls wardrobe. I love how they can be dressed up or down. J.Crew's coat is fabulous but is accompanied by a heft price tag of $278. BP. has a much more cost friendly find for $68.

What's your favorite Fall jacket? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs