Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Trendy Tuesday: On the Fringe

I've decided to do a weekly segment about current trends that I've been noticing and my particular feelings about them. This one is a trend I am currently obsessed with, fringe. It's not my usual style but I think when used effectively it can be adorable.

Moderation is the key. It's important, with fringe, is to use it sparingly. I think it should be more of an accent piece more than anything else.


This skirt from Zara is pure perfection. The colors are so bold and the sequins make the look so fun. I love that the fringe on the skirt is relatively subtle.


I'm dying for this L Space bikini and think I may have to add it to my closet before my last two trips of the summer. I think this would be a great way to get into the trend without having to commit to a big piece in your wardrobe. This look works so well because the suit is all one color. Plus I've been coveting a black bathing suit forever!

I'm also crazy about this blue

Since I'm not a very trendy person (I prefer the classics), I hesitate to buy things that aren't going to be in style in a few months. But there are times when I really like a trend and what to showcase it in some way. I've found the accessories are the best way to do this.



This Missoni scarf is exquisite. Accessories are the perfect way to show just a touch of something.


In the fall and winter I live in my Minnetonka moccasins. To me they're classic and I'll continue to rock these long after the fringe trend has come and gone but for those who are looking for simple shoes that have a little fringe these are you best option. (Plus they're so comfortable!)

Tell me, do you have any fringed clothing? 

1 comment:

  1. Obsessing over that Zara skirt! It's amazing!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs