Thursday, September 27, 2012

Uggs or Ugly?


I was just on facebook and saw a posting about South Moon Under and Uggs. It asked for people's opinions so I thought I would give my two-cents. I can still remember seeing them for the first time on that MTV show with Tommy Hilfiger's daughter and some other girl (the name obviously escapes me) and wondering what those boots were. 

Remember this show? 

Then all of the sudden they were sweeping the nation. I have to say, I think it's time to let them go (for the most part). Let's be honest here, they're far from the cutest pair of shoes you own-I hope- so taking them out of the rotation shouldn't be too difficult-again, I hope. Did you know they were even banned in a Philadelphia middle school? Now that's somewhere I'd send my children!

I do have to admit I still own one pair, I got rid of my others a few years ago, but wear them exclusively during snow storms or with yoga pants because, well, they're super comfortable and warm. But other than that I just see them as a cry for help! Under no circumstances was it ever cute to wear them with a skirt, so why oh why are people still trying to make this happen? It's not going to happen! Ugh I cringe when I see people in the super short ones with skinny jeans tucked in. They aren't even that affordable.

If comfort and warm are what you're after than consider riding boots. Yes they aren't as casual, but they add such a polished look to an outfit. I'll tell you, they provide a great deal of warmth, even paired with leggings they take an outfit from drab to fab.

But if you're still stuck on that nice cozy fleece than I offer you their clogs. I have to admit, I had two pairs in high school and was obsessed but they eventually got so worn in it was time to let them go. Well jokes on me because they stopped making that style! So for years I've hoped they'd bring them back and while this years pair isn't identical, they're pretty close. I have a confession, I love clogs. I don't know what it is but I think they look super cute with bootcut jeans (yes I still wear those). To me, this is a much more stylish version of the famed, and outdated, boots.
This is similar to the pair I used to have but sadly they're children's. 
I kind of, really, want these


So please, I beg of you, pack up the uggs and give them away, or at least just wear them when it's absolutely necessary (like when I still put mine on to walk the dog).

P.S. I must confess I find them adorable on babies and young children. 

5 comments:

  1. I just got my first pair of Uggs for x-mas last year, and although the tall boot style I got is cute, my fake Uggs I got from Costco are even more comfy. :) I have a pair of monogrammed clogs that I love, but sadly you certainly don't see many clogs thrown in with an outfit. I'm loving these you posted! Great for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you're enjoying them!!

      Delete
  2. I completely agree! I got my Uggs two Christmas' ago, and now they are just out of style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bummer since they're so comfortable, but I just can't bring myself to wear them anymore (unless in inclimate weater). Glad you agree!

      Delete
  3. Hello are using Wordpress for your blog platform?

    I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and set up my own. Do you require any coding
    expertise to make your own blog? Any help would be greatly appreciated!


    Check out my web site ... wide leg jeans

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs