Thursday, October 25, 2012

Old Hollywood

I love old Hollywood. It's not unusual to find the tv in my room turned onto TCM on AMC. They're something so glamorous about that time period. It's also no secret that my favorite movie of all time is Breakfast at Tiffany's. I recently saw that Richard Burton's (famous two time husband of Elizabeth Taylor) family is releasing a book that is a compilation of journal entries that detail their captivating, and tumultuous, relationship. I've always been so interested in their love story. 


Right now, the Original Father of the Bride just came on, which features, of course, the lovely Elizabeth Taylor as Kay. She was such an amazing actress, and a so beautiful, that it makes me want to read this book even more! 


This is one of my favorite quotes. A woman who was married more times than I can count certainly has to be some sort of an expert on relationships (or completely clueless- depending on how you look at it). 



So tell me, are you as fascinated by old hollywood as I am? Do you plan on reading Furious Love

2 comments:

  1. If you have not read Furious Love about Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton's relationship, you must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh glad to hear a good review, can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs