Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday Social: Week 15

Sunday Social time again, and this week I'm actually on top of the ball and posting it on Sunday, wow! I love this weeks questions about life: 

1. What do you value most in life? Without a doubt my family and friends. On those terribly low days (Holly Golightly refers to them as the "mean reds") they are always there and I am so blessed to have each and everyone of them in my life. 

2. What do you think is the greatest invention in your lifetime and why? I'd have to say the internet- and obviously through association, computers- they're the base for all that we do, daily. I honestly do not know how I would have gotten through school without google. And what would I do with all my free time if I didn't spend it perusing Facebook, lusting after goodies on pinterest, or online shopping? It has made so many things so much easier. Everything we need is, literally, right at our fingertips. 

3. What do you think is the secret to a good life? I think in life it is so easy to focus on what we don't have but I think the key to happiness is to appreciate all of our blessings. I wish I were better at this but I truly believe this is the secret to life. A character on One Tree Hill once made one of the most fabulous points, people so often say that "one day" they want to be happy but "happiness is not a destination. It's a mood, it's not permanent. It comes and goes and if people thought that way then maybe they would find happiness more often". I think we need to look for happiness in unexpected places and value it while it lasts. 

4. What would you most like to be remembered for when you die? If I can make a difference in one persons life than I will be happy. 

5. What accomplishment in your life are you most proud of? Ohh that's a hard one, I'm pretty proud of teaching. When I see that lightbulb go on I feel pretty good, that I taught them something that they will know for the rest of their lives. I'm also pretty proud that I grew up, it's sounds simple but if someone would have told me, my first semester freshmen year, that I would have become so independent I wouldn't have believed them. 

6. If a movie were made about your life, who would you want to play you? Hmmm well my favorite actress is Jennifer Aniston but not sure that would work...don't know? 

Here are the other responses! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs