Thursday, October 4, 2012

Tee-off

I was standing at my dresser the other day trying to pick out what I wanted to wear to bed when I realized how low my t-shirt drawer was getting. I'm starting to realize, in my second year of post-graduate life, that the constant influx of t-shirts no longer exists in the real world (disappointing isn't it?).  I'm not really sure how much longer I can get away with wearing the few remaining AXO tee's I decided not to pass down for either sentimental reasons, or just because I really like them. I don't want to give off the "oldest kid at summer camp" vibe wearing shirts from college as I enter my mid twenties.  The way I see it, there's really only one solution, I need to find some good, versatile, t-shirts to add to the rotation (because let's face it, I'm definitely going to hang on to those Alpha Chi tee's if nothing else than to sleep in).

So I scoured the web and I must say, this search has been exhaustive and much more difficult than I anticipated (plus, did anyone realize how much simple t-shirts cost?).

I'm looking for ones that can go with the rainbow of norts I have in my wardrobe, so preferably white, grey, or navy.

This is my favorite. I'm pretty sure this is going to be purchased in the next few days.


This shirt is by Souther Proper.

Vineyard Vines has some great finds in the Men's section. I really love this one (wouldn't hate it if the model came with it either)



I fell in love with a t-shirt from Tuckernuck over the summer, but of course with my luck they sold out before I had a chance to get one (you snooze you lose). This one is pretty cute, though.


Southern Tide's Men's section also has a great selection.


After all of this searching, I fear that t-shirt shopping may become my new addiction.
Tell me, do you have trouble finding good t-shirts? Which ones do you swear by?

2 comments:

  1. I am a fan of Kiss My Southern Sass and Southern Proper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, I love "oldest kid at summer camp" vibe, too funny (and true). I rowed competitively for four years and quit when I started college last year and now I have all of these regatta tshirts that I always feel pathetic wearing because then people assume I still row and I have to explain that I quit... oh awkward. My favorite thing ever was one of those ecards that said something like "I know wearing an oversized tshirt does not make me look skinny, but it certainly does make me feel less fat" Which totally supports my norts and tshirt attitude as of late!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs