Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Scrub a Dub Dub


I always love to hear about peoples beauty routines. For a long time, I was content to find my skin and hair care products at the drug store. I had no real complaints, and my pocketbook was much happier but I realized over the summer it was time for me to begin to take better care of my skin and hair. I've opted to spend a little more in the hopes that my complexion and locks will thank me later, and boy am I happy I did. 


Bath Time


Hair Care
As you may remember, I began using Moroccan Oil over the summer and have become addicted. I can absolutely tell a difference in my hair. It's a wonderful product to restore moisture to your hair (if you're like me and blow-dry and straighten it all the time). 

When possible I like to use products all by the same manufacturer because I like to think they work in conjunction with one another (at least they were designed to). I've been searching for the perfect shampoo for months and ultimately decided to give the Moroccan Oil Moisture Repair Shampoo and Conditioner a shot. I love them! First off they smell incredible, and second they really make my hair softer. I feel like I could become addicted to all of the Moroccan Oil products if I let myself. 

Skin Care
My first, and only really big, splurge was my Clarisonic Mia. For my skin, the simple Mia is perfect (but I've heard great things about the Mia 2 and the Plus). I am still so happy with my purchase. It has done wonders for my skin and leaves it feeling so clean and smooth. 

For the first few months I was content with using my same old Clean and Clear Morning Burst Cleanser but wasn't seeing all the results I was hoping for so I thought it might be time to invest in a good cleanser. I ultimately went to Nordstrom and was led to the La Mer Foaming Cleanser. I. am. in. love. It's amazing. Not only does it smell wonderful (think fresh and clean), it works so well on my skin. I literally saw results after two days (not to sound like a Proactive commercial or anything). 

Finally, I was in the market for a good moisturizer. I had used a sample of Bobbi Brown and thought it worked well on my skin. But, after purchasing it and using it for a few days at home I realized it was just too thick for my skin. I didn't want to reverse all the good I was doing with the Mia. So I eventually just returned to my tried and true Neutrogena.

Body Wash 
I love the Philosophy body products and the Cinnamon Cookie body wash is just perfect for this time of year!  

Since I'm trying to expand my knowledge in the area, I'd love to know what products you use and swear by! 

1 comment:

  1. I could probably use a new face cleanser. La Mer sounds amazing!

    xx

    jen

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs