Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Trendy Tuesday: Chartreuse

The color chartreuse has been popping up everywhere this season, and for the spring. It's not necessarily my favorite color but I think executed correctly it can be extremely effective. It's a fun color for (what else) accessories. It adds a nice, unexpected, punch of color to the standard black, brown, and grey of fall and winter. I do have to say it's a very difficult color to pull off, since it's just a few shades short of puke green, so it's very important to be vigilant when choosing your chartreuse pieces.

You know of my love for Oscar de la Renta and this gown is absolutely flawless. 

 If I were going to attempt to incorporate this trend into my wardrobe these are a few ways I would. 

This scarf is simple but still fun.
Rainboots get put to good use during the colder months so these Hunter boots would be such a fun way to showcase your chartreuse. What a fun way to brighten a dreary day. 
Kate Spade's jewelry is flawless and these earrings are just too cute. 


I have to say this isn't a trend I'm going to be running out to try (especially with my coloring) but I think it could be very effective on the right person! Thoughts?

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs