Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Trendy Tuesday: Leather

It is impossible to miss the most recent trend this fall and winter, leather. Now I'm not ordinarily a biker chick kind of girl (heck I have restrained from buying black leather boots because I'm worried they're too tough for me) but I'm not hating this look. Now it has to be just right or you can end up looking like a dominatrix so here are a few ways to subtly incorporate this fad into your wardrobe. (It's important to note that none of these looks are obviously real leather but...you get the point). 


Zara Faux Leather Leggings- I think they're really the only reason I'm liking this trend. Now, my legs would look more like sausages a few days past their prime in these pants, but for the right figure they would be super fierce. 


Bb Dakota Faux Leather Jacket- One style I am actually bold enough to attempt to pull off is a faux leather jacket. I think they're incredibly chic and modern. I like to pair it with a really feminine look to kind of mix it up. I got one a few years ago from Nordstrom and love it in the winter. They're especially perfect when you don't want to risk taking an expensive jacket out or if you're planning on keeping it on all night. I love the ones with asymmetrical zippers. 


Urban Outfitters Faux Leather Trim Skirt- If you're like me, you often see clothes on television that you want. The issue is, you either can't find it or it costs a million dollars. This skirt is incredibly close to one Rachel Berry wore on Glee (I'm kind of become obsessed with this characters clothes- and Lea Michele's for that matter- over the past two years...but more on that later). 

What are your thoughts on leather lately? 

3 comments:

  1. I like the leather looks you listed today, but still not sure if I can pull them off...anywho. I am a new follower and I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award, check out my blog to read more about it! Happy to be a new follower of yours. Hope you have a great week!
    Anne
    http://theboutiquebelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so hesitant on the leather legging trend for the exact reasons you mention, but so tempted at the same time to jump on the bandwagon!! Great picks! xox

    Alex
    www.adoredbyalex.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the leather legging, I just am not totally confident I could pull it off! Love the blog:)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs