Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Yet Another Belated Sunday Social: Week 20

I've had the flu for the past few days so I wasn't able to post my answers to this weeks Sunday Social but I wanted to share them because I really like this weeks questions

But first and foremost, Happy Belated Birthday (it was yesterday) to my Dad!! Love you so much! 

Now on to the questions...
1. Favorite Holiday Movies/ TV Specials? I love Love Actually, The Holiday, It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, Elf, and Fred Clause (The Muppet Christmas Carol was my favorite when I was little- also Nightmare Before Christmas). 

I'm also a serious sucker for all of the Hallmark Holiday Special- except The Christmas Shoes detest that movie...don't even get me started (same goes for that song) 

2. Do you do any volunteering during the holidays if so what? If not what would you do? My extended family has adopted a family in lieu of presents in the past. We also try and to donate to toys for tots ect. 

3. Favorite toy you received as a child? Gosh, that's so difficult since I was seriously blessed as a child. It would probably be between my Playmobile doll house, my American Girl Dolls, and the My Size Barbie my grandmother got me 

4. What was your must have item for the holidays in High School? I don't even remember the things I used to ask for in high school, I'm pretty sure it was mostly clothes but I do remember dying for a curling iron so I could copy Brittany Snow's hair in American Dreams and being super excited when I got it freshmen year 

5. Item you begged for most but never got? I was pretty lucky so I don't really remember too many things but I always wanted a Barbie jeep and never got that (but I don't think I ever really expressed my desire for it to my parents). 

6. What do you do on Christmas Eve? Aside from Thanksgiving, this is my favorite day of the year. My parents and I go to mass at 6:00 pm, after mass we drive around looking at all of the decorations, and then we either go out for a really nice dinner or we come home and cook a super delicious dinner. We have tons of appetizers and cocktails just the three of us (four including Skyler). Just enjoy the tree and Christmas carols and relax until dinner is ready. Then we have a nice leisurely dinner together. Afterward, I'm allowed to open one gift. Then we just hang out or watch a Christmas movie together. It sounds simple but it's seriously the best. It's the day I most anticipate. 

1 comment:

  1. Love Actually is one of my favorite holiday movies too! We have very similar Christmas Eve traditions and I love that your family volunteers in some way during the holidays.

    I blog over at Sprinkles and Style and I've nominated your for the Liebster Award!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs