Thursday, January 31, 2013

One Month Down...

So we are one month into 2013 and I have to say it's turning out to be a pretty good year! I wrote a post on a few of my resolutions for the year and I thought it would be fun to check in once a month and see where I am with my progress.

1. Invest in at least 3 coffee table books- I purchased my first one the other day

(Kate Spade, surprise surprise)

2. Run a 5k- No I haven't done this yet, but I have been making a much stronger effort to hit the gym lately. I'm kind of addicted to spin classes!

3. Move to New York- Obvi I haven't made it to the Big Apple just yet but I'm stowing away some moolah to make that move a reality

4. Expand my jewelry collection- I've already become kind of a sucker for jewelry lately, definitely making this resolution happen
I ordered this bracelet a few days ago

This necklace is at the top of my wishlist 

I'm also adding some things to my list

5. Read at least 25 books this year- This averages out to be slightly more than 2 books a month (so far I'm on point)- plus I always do more reading during the summer, but I really want to accomplish this goal

So far I have read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and I loved it (not too fond of the ending though)- word on the street is that they are making a movie (starring Reese Witherspoon) which should be fantastic!

I'm almost finisheded Gillian Flynn's other book Dark Places- I'm liking it but it isn't the page turner that Gone Girl was. Not amazing but not a disappointment either.

Up next on my reading list- The Great Gatsby (checking off two things at once!) 

6. Say yes more often- I am far from an adventurous person and I don't really like this about myself. I fear becoming too set in my ways and too complacent in my comfort zone so it's important to do things you may not instantly want to do.

7. Start a line a day journal- In college I was really good with keeping up a journal. I loved it! But haven't written in it in over a year. It's a difficult thing to keep up with. But even when I was vigilant with my journal, my planner was a sort of pseudo journal. (I document all important events and will go back and write in things that happened on certain days). But I saw a great tip on College Prepster that suggested a line a day journal. I think that seems doable! It will help see the good (and occasionally bad) things that happen throughout the year.

4 comments:

  1. I need to invest in the "Things We Love" coffee table book. I have heard nothing but good things!

    As far as the "Say yes more often"-my motto for 2013 is "give me one good reason why not."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spin class, and I just signed up for a 10k (hopefully I survive). And same with expanding the jewlery collection, I tend to wear the same pieces over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eyeing that Kate Spade bracelet for sometime now - the perfect inspiration! I also have a line a day journal, however, I haven't written in it the past few months. I think I will start back again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gone girl is on my reading list. I'll have to read it before the movie comes out

    xx

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs