Friday, February 15, 2013

Lent

Every year I wrack my brain for what to give up for Lent. In recent years I've tried to adopt better habits rather than give something trivial up. I've attempted to be less judgmental and to be more forgiving. I actually really enjoyed those promises, I could actually feel a change in my psyche, but this year I decided to go back to the normal abstaining from something you love. I thought long and hard about what my biggest guilty pleasure is but had trouble pinpointing the one thing (I was thinking along the food lines) that I just cannot live without. I have several vices but I don't really indulge in them very often so it wouldn't be a tough sacrifice, and this year I really wanted to push myself. 



So I came up with the only thing that would be really difficult for me to give up, shopping. It was pretty much the first thing that crossed my mind but I quickly vetoed it because I honestly didn't think I could do it. But when a friend of my suggested it, I knew I had to give it a shot. This seriously will be the longest 40 days of my life. But I think it will be great for me- help to put things in to perspective. It will help me appreciate the smaller things. (Plus at the rate I am buying things now, a little detox is essential). 

I'm actually looking forward to this challenge. But that doesn't mean I will by any means stop looking, so get ready for countless Currently Covetings coming your way. And if I make it I intend on rewarding myself with a nice big gift after Easter. 

I'm also giving up junk food/ snacking so this will hopefully be a very healthy mind and body experience. I'd love to know, what are you giving up for Lent? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs