Friday, February 8, 2013

Next Big Purchase

"You know that thing when you see someone cute and he smiles and your heart kind of goes like warm butter sliding down hot toast? Well that's what it's like when I see a store. Only it's better" - Rebecca Bloomwood (I feel ya Becky!) 

It's no secret this girl have a weakness for the finer things in life. But there really is nothing like the feeling of purchasing an item that you have admired and lusted after for awhile. (I legitimately sound like a shopaholic) 

Now I'm not a total wacko, I do try to keep my impulsive purchases to a minimum. But sometimes (all the time) those beautiful things with the hefty price tags lull me in to submission. So I have decided to allow myself to purchase another big ticket item. Over the summer I saved up to purchase my Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM tote (see posts here and here) and I begrudgingly have to admit that it does feel pretty darn great to buy something with the money you earned, as opposed to receiving it as a gift. 

I work better when I have an incentive. Much like the fabulous Carrie Bradshaw (who I know I have already quoted saying this) "I want a ridiculously expensive pair of shoes, I find a way to buy them". So I think I need something new to look forward to...but I need some help. What is it I should be working for? (Because, let's be honest, I have a ultimate wish list a mile long, but which one is the item I have to have next?)

Here are the items I'm thinking about...(it goes from the most reasonable to the outrageous)

-Rebecca Minkoff Cupid Satchel
This is pretty much my latest obsession. The second I saw this bag I fell in love. I have one Rebecca Minkoff bag already and love it so I think adding another bag of hers to my collection would be a sound choice. 


-Tory Burch Robinson Satchel
I've loved these bags from the second they came out. The shape is phenominal and it was one of the main reasons I went with the Neverfull over the Speedy (because I assumed I would ultimately purchase this).

-Hermes Bangle 
I'm dying for one of these! But wonder if this wouldn't be a better gift to ask for for Christmas next year? 

Another Louis Vuitton
As you know, I was so torn between the Speedy and Neverfull and I know one day I will have to add this to my wardrobe so I'm wondering if this should be my next purchase. But since I already have one, should I go with something else? 

One of my dream bags! 

-Goyard Bag 
This is literally my favorite bag. I would die to own this. But also wonder if it's too much like my Louis Vuitton- too repetitive? 

Now obviously some of these will be much easier to save up for but I'd still love to know your opinion.  Thoughts, thoughts thoughts?? 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Long time follower, first time commenting. I say out of all your choices, go for the speedy! I have both the neverfull and the speedy, I use them both all the time! They're both classics (in the LV icon collection), but so different! The Hermes bangle would b a close second...but I think that's better to receive as a gift.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs