Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Trendy Tuesday: The Oscars

So I couldn't get my act together enough to post this yesterday but you know I have tons of opinions on Sunday night's fashion. 

Best Dressed:

Jessica Chastain
I'm not usually a fan of nude dresses (especially on the fair) but this was fabulous

Amy Adams
 I think she looks gorgeous! My only issue is, haven't we seen this dress before in pale pink on someone (I'm wracking my brain about who wore it but I know we have- if you know please put me out of my misery) 

Gulianna Ranic
finally she got an awards show dress right! It was stunning, especially paired with her hair cut. I doo have to say though, I probably would have chosen a dress that had a more interesting neckline, it didn't do the gown justice in all the close ups

Reese Witherspoon
In Louis Vuitton. Amazing! What a gorgeous color and I adore her hair, plus so adorable she lets her daughter help pick out her dress. My one critique is that the black panels on the side of the dress should have come a little further, it cut her in an awkward place and gave the illusion of her hips being bigger than they are. But come on- she has a rockin bod for just having a baby! 

Charlize Theron
This might actually be my favorite dress of the night, I thought the color was stunning on her and the cut was amazing but I just cannot endorse the hair. I know she did it for a role blah blah blah but she looks like Ellen DeGenerous fell into Portia's closet. 

Jennifer Lawrence
Upon arrival I wasn't sure how I felt (love her but feel like she is either a huge hit or a miss) but it grew on me and I realize it is a sunning dress (and one that was made for her). I'm obsessed with the skirt. 

Naomi Watts
Upon first sight I thought it looked like her dress got caught in a machine and ripped off half of her sleeve but it really grew on me. 

But the real stunner was her After Party dress! 


Kate Beckinsale
You may not have seen her (she wasn't at the show) but she made the rounds at the After Parties and I just needed to include her because she looked so stunning. I'm a sucker for a high ponytail. Gorgeous 

Kerri Washington
 Mui Mui- gorgeous. love the beading and the color it was perfection with her coloring. She misses my best dressed by a hair. I cannot get enough of this look! 

BEST! 

My favorite lady in the world: Jennifer Aniston- I have no words for how perfect this is

Worst Dressed:
Amanda Syfred
 I'm sorry, I really wanted to like this but I just can't. The neckline is atrocious. She is way too young (and gorgeous) to be buttoned up like this.

Jennifer Garner 
I think she seems like a lovely lady and great mom but she looked like she had a tail. From the front this was a good choice for her, it was nothing special but still fine (kind of like her) but the ruffle explosion in the back was ridiculous.

Salma Hayek
 I can't even...

Kristen Stuart
First of all why is she even there? (I think she was asking herself the same thing with that glazed look on her face the whole night). Next time she should take some uppers instead of whatever the hell she was on Sunday night. Girlfriend could barely stand and I'm not talking about her crutches. Maybe the next time you win the lottery and get invited to the biggest award show of the year you can do us all a favor and brush your hair? 

Halle Berry
This looked outdated and the shoulders were pitiful. Where art deco goes to die 

WORST: 
Anne Hathaway
I mean this cannot come as a surprise. She may have won the Oscar but she lost huge Sunday night. This is the worst looking thing I have seen in a long time. What is up with the darts?! It's borderline obscene! (The Academy should have been more concerned about this than Seth Macfarlane's "controversial jokes"). What an idiot to switch the Valentino for this at the last minute.
Photo Credit all to People.com

All in all I was kind of undewhelmed with the whole night. I was very bored with Seth's jokes, I thought he played it seriously safe (I may be alone on that). I get that they are trying to rope in a younger demographic but this was a fail. Please next year get Amy and Tina! 

I also think they need to give more of those awards in those ceremonies before the show. I couldn't care less about 90% of the awards. 

Trends: 
Neutrals: What a wonderful way to stand out on the dark red carpet, and interestingly on the fair skinned nominees- what a soft, feminine option

Metallics: Surprising for the beginning of spring but still worked on the majority of the women who wore them 

Please share, what were your thoughts on The Oscars? 

2 comments:

  1. i am in 100% AGREEMENT with you on Jennifer Aniston!! She is my favorite lady in the world too and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that she wore red!! Usually she wears black but she definitely made a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen Naomi Watts' after party dress! It's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs