Saturday, March 2, 2013

Two Months Down- Two Days Late

I'm sorry I have been so MIA this week, I have been on my death bead with the stomach bug (and even had to go to the hospital-not fun). But I'm finally beginning to feel like myself again so we will return to our regularly scheduled posting.

Another month is already over, I know February is a short month but wow did it fly by! At the beginning (and even middle) of the month, I was kind of dreading my little checkup on how my New Years Resolutions were coming along. Several of my goals are kind of a one time thing, or involve some serious preparation, so it's kind of difficult to check in every month since so few of them have been checked off. But toward the end of the month I realized I accomplished more than I thought I did.

One resolution I have been determined to keep up with is Expand My Jewelry Collection. This month (before giving up shopping for lent) I added 



Lilly Pulitzer Goodie Good Necklace

I signed up for my 5K!!
My friends and I will be participating in The Color Run in Baltimore. I'm so excited to do this. I've wanted to do a color run for awhile and it's just great that I'm killing two birds with one stone!

I'm slightly behind with my reading goal. Okay so here's the deal, I wasted a lot of time trying to finish Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. I loved Gone Girl and thought I would just fly through this one but it was terrible. The premise sounded so interesting but the execution was awful. It was boring and had very little plot progress. After spending way too long attempting to finish this, and basically forcing myself to do it, I gave up (something I almost never do). I hate not finishing things and it is still kind of eating away at me that I didn't finish this one but it was too torturous, I just couldn't do it. If you want to read a Gillian Flynn book go with Gone Girl, but skip Dark Places.

I read a great book Always Something There to Remind Me by Beth Harbison. This was such a cute story about a woman in her late thirties who was just proposed to when the image of her high school boyfriend pops into her head. It's told in both present tense and through flashbacks. It's a quick and easy read. I loved it!

The book I'm  reading now is called The Dinner Party by Jenny Ladner Brenner. I was on track to finish by the end of the month until that stupid bug hit me, so I hope to finish it soon but so far it's really good. It's about a woman who "accidentally" sleeps with her best friends husband one night, whom she hates then follows her as she simultaneously develops feelings for two different men while dealing with the guilt she has with keeping such a huge secret from her best friend. It's super juicy, I definitely recommend!

If you have any book suggestions to pass along for this month, please do!

Well there you have it, another month down. Here's hoping March finally bring the warm temperatures I've been craving!


2 comments:

  1. Neat post and love your blog... would you like to follow each other!

    My Lyfe ; My Story
    @MyLyfeMyStory 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up shopping for Lent as well too!! Not as hard as I thought yet, but rewarding so far because that money is going straight into savings!!!

    www.newportjules.com

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs