Thursday, April 18, 2013

April Showers


In the winter, when it rains, it's really a no brainer about what to wear on your feet- rain boots. In my opinion they're both practical and cute. But at the weather warms up I'm less inclined to go for my heavy, dark Hunters and am looking for other rainy day footwear. 

Jelly flats are everywhere again this spring. They made a come back a few years ago (remember the sparkly pairs we had as a child- you couldn't get me out of those things) and are being shown in even cuter styles this season. My only issue is this, about three years ago I purchased a pair of the Tory Burch jellies, I wore them once and my feet stank to high heaven! I tried everything, including baby powder but nothing prevented that awful rubber smell (obviously, considering the fact that they are made of rubber). I realized that it's because there was very little ventilation in the shoes, so your feet didn't have the ability to breathe. So I never wore them, and eventually just gave them away. 

Naturally I'm a little hesitant about other jellies but I can't help loving these. 

Are these not the cutest things you've ever seen?? Sassnova posted about the Melissa Rubber Flats yesterday on their blog and I fell in love instantly! This mint color is seriously to die for. You can buy them at Sassanova stores or at Asos.com. (This material looks to be slightly different from other jellies I've seen so it's possible these wouldn't smell!) 

These Kate Spade Jane Flats are so cute. 

I love the bow. 

Since I've had issues with rubber flats in the past I most opt for Tory Burch's rubber flip flops

They're my go to pool/ beach shoe over the summer and they work equally as well in the rain! 

And I'm really coveting a bright, fun pair of Hunters. I have the black pair and love them for the winter but I think a nice springy color would really brighten up a dreary day. 


This lavender pair is my favorite. 

What do you wear on your feet when it rains in the spring and summer? 

1 comment:

  1. There are some cute Tory Burch rainy day shoes on Shopbop, loving all your picks!

    AKB
    asouthernbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs