Thursday, May 2, 2013

Guts and Guile

"Now is the time for guts and guile"- Elizabeth Taylor 

Yesterday I had a very tough day. Without going into too much detail, I was faced with a major disappointment. Something I had never expected to happen, did and as a result I was heartbroken. After crying for what felt like forever I realized that wallowing in self pity would serve no purpose, that it was time to focus that energy on something that will make my life better. It's easy, when something bad happens, for us to become angry or hurt, to not understand and to want answers, but ultimately we have to face that they may never come. Everyone, no matter who you are, faces disappointments, and it's who we are in those moments that define us. We need to stand up, no matter how difficult it may be, and persevere. The quote above is one of my all time favorites and I repeat it to myself in my darkest moments. It's easy to succumb to sadness but the true test of character is moving on. 

So to those who might be struggling remember this

1 comment:

  1. Love that quote!

    Keep your chin up and remember that things have a way of working themselves out!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs