Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Trendy Tuesday: Black Strapless Suits

Over the past few days I have seen a trend emerge that I am absolutely obsessed with, black strapless suits. It doesn't even need to be said, but imagine just how flattering this would be. The strapless top adds a femininity to a look that might otherwise seem too harsh. It makes it modern and sophisticated. The key is to keep the hair simple and allow the look to do all the talking. It looks best with hair that is pulled back or short. 

First Carey Mulligan wore a Balenciaga jumpsuit in Cannes. 

It's so surprise that I adore her style (or what I've seen her wear post The Great Gatsby), even though I think part of my love for her wardrobe stems from me thinking of her as Daisy...but I digress. I love the effortlessness of pairing a simple pair of wayfarers with this look. Her hairstyle also compliments the look flawlessly. It doesn't complete and allows the bold lines of the outfit to standout. 

Than Jennifer Lawrence rocked this amazing look at Cannes as well, to promote the new Catching Fire movie. 

She looks absolutely adorable. I want this top! 

Kate Spade New York showcased a look at New York's spring fashion week, for their fall line. I've been drooling over it ever since.  
This top will be mine no matter what!

Notice that all three looks have a ruffle to add an even more feminine touch. I'm dying over this look and am going to attempt to recreate is ASAP. 

Thoughts on this new trend? 

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs