Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer Candles

I've mentioned my love for candles before. I think they make any room instantly cozy and warm. I feel like in the fall and winter, it's so simple to find the right scents since there are so many wonderful smells associated with those times of year. But the spring and summer are more tricky. 

I have a very strong sense of smell and often get a headache if a candle is too potent, so I'm constantly on the lookout for the perfect candle that won't make me ill. 

A few weeks ago I purchased this Coconut Banana Cream Illume Boulangerie Jar from Anthropologie.
 When I smelled it in the store I loved it (think Banana Boat sunscreen) and was so pleased with my Pumpkin Spice flavor from the fall I thought this would be perfect. While I love the smell, I have to confess it isn't very strong. When I burn it, you can barely smell it. 

I've had my eye on this Capri Blue Candle in Peeled Naval Orange
I love citrus smells and this one does not disappoint. This candle will probably be next on my list. 

I rarely purchase candles online because I obviously like to smell them first, but I took a risk with this Aunt Sadie's Beach in a Can Vintage Surfs Up Candle
This is suntan lotion scented and smells amazing. I absolutely love it! I've been burning it nonstop since I received it. 

There's another suntan lotion scented candle from Aunt Sadie's and I'm curious if they are the same smell (if you can't tell sunscreen is my favorite smell in the whole world).
 If anyone knows the answer I'd very much appreciate it!! 

I've also heard wonderful reviews on Henri Bendle's Beach scented candle. 
Their candles never disappoint but I'm curious if anyone could give me any feedback on their opinions on it? 

I'm always on the lookout for more suggestions so if anyone has any insight I'd love to hear it (possibly a lemon scented candle?). What candles do you swear by in the summer? 

2 comments:

  1. these look amazing! i love vanilla lime by yankee candle it is my all-time favorite and perfect for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much of a scented candle kinda girl, but discovered a new line I loved this weekend: Tocca Candles! They all smelled so yummy! I bought the Colette scent and love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs