Friday, July 26, 2013

Big News About The Big Apple

Throughout my life I've had a plethora of dreams, I've wanted to have a career in pretty much every profession out there (doctor, wedding planner, actress, even a librarian) but as I grew up I started to grow out of these lofty ideas. However, there has been one dream that has remained a constant, living in New York. I still remember the first time I visited the city when I was seven, it instantly felt like home and I knew that was where I belonged.


It's been a winding road but it has finally led me to making my dream become a reality, I'm moving to Manhattan at the end of August! I've never been more simultaneously excited and petrified in my entire life. I always assumed that when the opportunity would present itself for me to move, I would jump at the chance and not think twice, but I really struggled with my decision. Going away to college was the scariest thing I had ever done in my life, I'm an only child and am extremely close with my parents, plus I don't do well with change, so leaving my comfort zone was terrifying. But it turned out to be the best four years of my life. I'm so blessed that I live in a close proximity to my best friends from college, even the girls who don't like directly in Baltimore are close enough that we see each other all the time. And now I'm leaving all of that behind. I questioned whether or not I was ready to move on and I ultimately came to the conclusion that I couldn't afford not to go.


So while, if I'm being completely honest, I've never been more scared of anything in my life, I'm also so excited to embark on the next phase of my life!! So here goes nothing...

So for those readers who have recently moved to a new city, or live in New York, do you have any advice for this new girl?

(Also, my apologizes for my delinquency with responding to all of your kind comments- I've been swamped with all of this but will get back to all of you-promise!)

4 comments:

  1. OMG! So happy and excited for you! All these feelings you're having are perfectly normal and a part of the process. Sending you lots of positive thoughts your way as you embark on your new journey! Hope moving goes well!

    Xoxo,

    Christine
    girls-pearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I lived on Long Island for four years while I was in college, and visited the city often. I had to move back home for grad school, but I'm itching to get back up there. New York really sweeps you up; it's special like that. Most of my college friends now live in the boroughs/Hoboken and they absolutely love it. From what I've gathered from them, living in the city is incredible. Even though it's really, really expensive, none of them regret their decision to move there. You will LOVE it, I'm sure!

    So glad I stumbled across this post! Best of luck to you :)

    xx Dev
    yourbirdcansingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is so so exciting! I knew that I would be moving for my job and one of the cities I could possibly move to was New York and I was more nervous about going there than anywhere else! You will have SO much fun though and there is no time to do than at our age. Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Congrats! You will absolutely love it here! The biggest piece of advice is to explore, explore, explore. Even if that means taking walks by yourself, eating by yourself, doing anything by yourself. It's really the only way to learn your favorite spots by visiting different areas of NY. Let me know if you need any recommendations though! :]

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs