Friday, July 12, 2013

Fashion Faux Pas Friday

Okay so I need to do a little ranting. Last weekend, at the beach, I saw an alarming trend that I, somehow, didn't get the memo on. Since when did crop-tops and maxi skirts become the in vogue combination? (The even bigger question being- why are crop-tops even back at all?). Every time I see someone wearing one I'm instantly transported back to the days of mini backpacks and bicycle shorts (I mean is tattoo necklaces on the rise too?). 

To whoever it may concern, this doesn't look good on anyone. Yes, I said anyone. You look like your Baby-G alarm never went off and you over slept for the past 15 years. 

Further more, it looks sloppy. I'm not much of a trendy girl in general, I much prefer the classics (plus it just makes more sense to me, to invest in clothing that will be relevant for years to come. As opposed to dropping hundreds on fashion you couldn't be caught dead in a year from now). 

The sad thing is that either of these trends, if executed properly, can be amazing. I adore maxi skirts, when styled correctly. 

If you must partake in the crop-top resurrection, take a nod from 60's fashion. 

Channel your inner Ann Margaret 



Yes, yes, to each his own, but this trend it ridiculous. Thoughts on crop-tops/ maxi skirts? 

5 comments:

  1. I totally felt the same way until I saw the cute outfits at Show Me Your Mu Mu. Now I love it. Not sure if I'm ready to rock it, but I don't hate it like I used to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of the crop top and maxi combo. It's definitely not my style and not one I like to see on others.

    Xoxo,

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, I think crop tops are not a super flattering piece but like you said, to each their own!

    And side note, I love Bye Bye Birdie!

    AKB
    asouthernbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been seeing some crop tops lately too...only paired with shorts which is an even bigger "No-no" in my book!! Even if you had a killer body, you shouldn't be wearing a crop top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that is not cute! I hate crop tops--they're always a no-no in my book!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs