Monday, July 29, 2013

Nesting

I have a confession to make, "I've been cheating on fashion with furniture" (C.B.). Since making the final decision, last week, to make my move to the big apple, I have been shopping nonstop for my new apartment. 

The beginning of last week, were some of the most stressful three days I've ever had (I honestly thought I might be losing my mind). After receiving a job offer, I scrambled to try and find a place to live (I couldn't accept the offer without a place to stay, and couldn't move up without a job- so both needed to happen simultaneously). Well it was a bit of a roller coaster, but eventually the stars aligned and I found the most fabulous place to live (with one of the most fabulous people- shout out to Rachel). My roommate from college was gracious enough to offer her apartment to me, it just so happened that her current roommate was looking to move out, and in with her boyfriend, so I jumped at the opportunity. Over the past six months a lot of things have happened to make my belief in fate stronger than ever, I am now 100% positive that everything happens for a reason! And now the best part- I get to decorate! 

Here are some of the trinkets I've purchased: 

Society Social Pillow- This is kind of an inside joke with a few of my friends from college and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. (Plus I'm kind of obsessed with Society Social).

Serena & Lily Bedding- I love Serena & Lily and have been mixing and matching the sheets and duvet covers for months and finally landed on this Navy Gingham Sheet Set and Grass Border Frame Duvet combo. 
Gray Malin Central Park Photograph- This made me feel like a real grown up, my first piece of real artwork. I've admired Malin's photography forever and thought this Central Park print was exceptionally appropriate. 

As much as I'm loving buying the necessities (and a few fun extras) I want to remind myself to take my time and enjoy the process. You only get to decorate your first apartment once! 

2 comments:

 
site design by designer blogs