Monday, August 5, 2013

Seven Months Down

It's no secret I've been a little MIA for the past few weeks. I was taking a class and had a ginormous project at the end that sucked up a great deal of my free time. But thankfully today is the last "official" class and I have the next two weeks off so hopefully I will be able to catch up on all the posts I started and never finished, or brainstormed and never got a chance to begin.

Jewelry: 
After my trip to the beach for the Fourth of July, I made a little stop at the outlets and did some damage at the Kate Spade one. They were having a promotion that day, the entire store was 50% off! Naturally I picked up a few goodies, and a few of them were jewelry. 

I realized recently that I have a great deal of pink and neutral necklaces, but lacked a few blue ones. I was on the hunt and found this baby marked down substantially (mine is cobalt blue),


I just couldn't pass it up! 

I got this striped bangle for next to nothing.

Reading: 
At the very beginning of the month I read All the Summer Girls by Meg Donohue.
It was amazing! The story is about three best friends and how their complicated lives come together for a weekend trip to the Jersey Shore and are forced to face their unresolved issues with an event from their past. Each girls individual story is so captivating alone, then trying to piece together the parts of a mystery makes this book one I couldn't put down. This is the perfect beach read!

Coffee Table Books:
I've been tempted to buy so many coffee table books lately and recently pulled the trigger on two.

I bought Emily Schuman's Cupcakes and Cashmere.
It's seriously adorable- if you don't already own it, I highly suggest it

While shopping on Amazon I saw Lauren Conrad's Style on discount and I just couldn't pass it up.

Move to New York: 
If you didn't hear, I am officially moving to Manhattan at the end of August!

Here's hoping August is just as eventful! 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the big move! That is so exciting! I'm hoping to intern in the city next summer, so you'll have to post about all the best spots in town :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs