Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Write It Out

I'm an avid list maker. I tend to lie awake at night with all the things I have to do circling in my head. During the day little things pop into my head and just as quickly as they enter, the leave again. So I write. I write literally everything down. That's where my notebooks come in handy. I have countless lists going on the "Notes" app on my phone, but there's something about putting pen to paper that actually helps me to remember and there's something so gratifying about getting to "cross" something off the list (though I never actually cross something out, my OCD would never allow that- I put a little check next to a completed item, or highlight it). So, in my life, notebooks are imperative. Here are a few of the ones I cannot live without. 


The most important notebook a girl can have is obviously her planner. I like to actually see the week, and month, laid out in front of me so I can conceptualize when things are actually going to happen. I'm addicted to the Lilly planners. I can't even remember back to when I didn't use them. This year, though, I branched out and bought the large agenda instead (I know, I'm a wild woman).

I like to keep a notepad next to my bed to write those pesky little reminders down.

I keep a notebook in my purse to jot pretty much anything down. I like to keep a running list of blog post ideas, shopping lists, to-do's. It's helpful to keep this one with you at all times because you have it at your disposal. 



I've kind of had an obsession with May Books for awhile but have yet to pull the trigger on one because I get a little too overwhelmed with picking one out. But I recently saw that they have one that is for a budget and I think I definitely need that to catalog all my expenses in the city. 

Are you as obsessed with notebooks as I am? What's your strategy for staying organized? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs