Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Cray for Chambray

I've been on the hunt for the perfect Chambray Shirt for awhile now. I have one from last fall but I've never been entirely thrilled with the way it fit. If you ask me this is a wardrobe staple these days. I can't walk ten feet without seeing a girl wearing one. There is something so comfortable looking about them, while they still look as though you put thought into your outfit. There are also so many different ways to style them that it's really a wonderful piece to have. 

I've tried on so many different ones that I feel like I've become a connoisseur. 
I fell in love with C.Wonder's version. I was ultimately looking for a lighter fabric and this one did not disappoint (the only issue was that they didn't have my size in the store). So I had to pass on this one, but they have almost every size available online! (Technically they refer to this one as denim but the fabric is so light I think it is ultimately more like a chambray) 

So I ventured over to my tried and true, old faithful, J.Crew and of course found the perfect one. They have a great selection of so many different varieties of denim and chambray so if you're in the market for one this is definitely the place to go. 


I was immediately draw to The Keeper Chambray Shirt because of the material and thought this was exactly what I was looking for. It's a great shirt but it didn't look as good on me as I had hoped so I passed this one up. But it's definitely worth trying on if you're in the store. 

I'm surprised to say that I really love the darker version. Generally I prefer Chambray to be light, just because I like the contrast against dark denim or black, but this shirt is so cute (this model/and this hat are not, however). 

Ultimately I went with The Western Denim Shirt, which is the one I would have least expected. The fabric is thicker than I initially had hoped but the cut is so flattering, it almost flares outward. It's also extremely comfortable. 

Do you have a favorite chambray/denim shirt? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs