Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Weekend

Last week was a whirlwind of last minute errands before the big move, which finally happened on Saturday! Who knew so much had to be done before moving to a new city?? (Plus have of the last minute items I "had to have" didn't even make the trip). So this week I'm waiting for a lot of packages to arrive in order to completely unpack. 

Saturday was pure perfection. My fabulous roommate met us in the lobby with a luggage cart and we just wheeled everything right on up. It only took two trips and everything was in! Then my wonderful team (Rach and Momma) helped me unpack everything (while Daddy explored the neighborhood). 


We took a little break and I went with my parents as they checked into their hotel. We went out to dinner and had drinks at the Algonquin Hotel (if you haven't been you must- it's gorgeous...plus they make a mean cocktail). 


Sunday we did a little more exploring and shopping for some esthetic accessories at C. Wonder. I got the greatest pillows there, I'm telling you this store is amazing! (Plus the atmosphere is so much fun- I've been to the Soho store before and a pop up shop but never the Columbus Circle one, I have a feeling this will be a regular stop). 

I picked up these goodies:
This one is no longer available on the website (I grabbed the last one in the store but you may be able to find it on ebay?)


I got this in navy, obviously, to coordinate with my bedding 


Finally Sunday night my other best friend Lauren came over and visited and the three of us attempted to build a shelf I bought to house my goodies...six hours later it was completed! (And it is still standing the morning after so I guess it's sturdy enough?)


Rach and I were up until 2am organizing all the last little minute details and today I might head over to the container store to try and pick up a few necessities. 

Don't forget to follow this girl on Instagram


Want to know the best part about this whole weekend? Now I get to say "I live in New York!"

1 comment:

  1. Eeek! This is all so exciting! Those pillows are super cute, too!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs