Thursday, September 12, 2013

Movie Marathon

I have gone on an old movie binge this past weekend. I told you all about my love affair with old movies, but this weekend I really reaffirmed that admiration. Thanks to Netflix and their "classics" section, I got to check out several "new" titles.

First I watched Doris Day and James Garner in Move Over Darling. I remember having watched parts of this on AMC but had never seen it from the very beginning. It's a comedy about a woman who is missing for five years after a boating accident and declared legally dead, she returns home to discover her husband has recently gotten remarried. The two little girls in this are beyond adorable.

Then I watched Barefoot in the Park starring Robert Redford and Jane Fonda. Oh my god this was so good. It's an adaptation of a play that follows two newlyweds as they move into their new apartment and adjust to living with one another and their vastly different personalities (it's a comedy). Just to watch Robert Redford for two hours is enough, but this was so adorable even beyond that.

No old movie marathon would be complete without my beloved Breakfast at Tiffany's. No matter what, this movie always seems to put me in a good mood.

What's your favorite, old movie? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs