Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wednesday Whereabouts: Heart and Soul

At the end of last week I decided I was in need of a little pampering (aside from my weekly mani and biweekly pedi). It was a weekend of "Tory" and surprisingly didn't consist of too much shopping.


I booked my first Drybar appointment last Thursday for friday night and let me just tell you I fear I have a new addiction. I've gone to Blow before, in the city, but have always heard such amazing things about Drybar that I need I had to try it out. With my champagne in hand, and Friends with Benefits playing on the TV in front of me, I got the royal treatment. Already made my appointment for next weekend and am contemplating purchasing the packages so I can get one done every weekend! (My only suggestion is to ditch the "floater" it's an additional 10 minute scalp massage which isn't really necessary since they already do a phenomenal job washing your hair). 


Saturday I decided to hit SoulCycle. For those of you who are unfamiliar with SoulCycle, it's a spinning class that incorporates dance and weights to give a full body workout. It's amazing! I had forgotten how much I loved it, I've already done it twice this week. I used to do spinning in Baltimore but this is like spinning on steroids and the music selection is perfect. You get so into it that before you know it the class is almost over. But be prepared to sweat, there's a reason all the celebs (think Jake Gyllenhal, Katie Holms, Kelly Ripa, and my man Bradley Cooper) swear by it. My only criticism is that it's a little pricey so this is a luxury I will have to ration. 

What do you do to pamper yourself? 

2 comments:

  1. Although I'll be on a poor interns budget, I'm hoping to try out Soul Cycle while I'm in the city for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Drybar!! Catching up on your blog, sorry for all the comments haha!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs