Thursday, December 19, 2013

Outerwear Flare

So yesterday I told you of my long quest for the perfect, puffy, winter coat. But the truth is, during winter, your outerwear is pretty much all anyone sees (especially here since you spend so much time outside during your commute). So there are tons of different pieces you need to achieve the ultimate outerwear flare. 

First a good raincoat. I have a Patagonia rain jacket that is perfect for the spring and summer, but is way too thin during the fall and winter. So thin in fact, that when it rains I now rely on my Barbour, baseball hat, and umbrella to keep me dry. Which, let's face it, just doesn't cut it. 

While searching for my winter coat, I saw this little baby

When I first pointed it out, my mom was less than impressed, but after I slipped it on it won her over. I mean I'm obsessed with this coat. The belt makes it incredibly flattering, it's waterproof with a hood, and thick enough to keep you warm during the chillier months. 

Now if I suddenly had my pick this is the gorgeous baby I would be added to my closet, but since it doesn't rain too frequently here in the city, I just can't justify such a big purchase on something I won't get that much use out of. 


You also need dressier, but still warm, jackets to wear out on the weekends. (But remember ladies, don't take anything too expensive out with you because you never know what could happen to it). 

I have a leather jacket that's almost identical to this Zara Moto Jacket, from a few years ago. 

It's perfect for a night out because I'm not too attached to it. It's pretty warm, but I would say it's definitely better for above freezing temperatures. 

I've told you about my love for this coat several times and it has not waned. 

Next up on my to-do list is to purchase a puffy coat for going out. This coat can be less expensive and doesn't have to meet all of my previous criteria, it just needs to be warm, flattering, and inexpensive.

Something like this



or this

would be perfect.  

Zara really is the place to pick up the perfect going out jacket because they're all relatively priced and are extremely cute. You can pretty much find any style you desire. 


I'm also obsessed with this coat, just thought I'd throw it out there. 

2 comments:

  1. Living in NYC coats are such a struggle! At home in VA I could wear my Barbour all winter partically. Now I have a long coat, a puffer, a raincoat..and who has room for all this in an apartment anyways?!? It's so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that North Face coat in Nordstrom maybe a month ago and have thought about it so many times since! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs