Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hair, Hair, Long Beautiful Hair

I need your help and opinions. I'm in desperate need of a new hair dryer. In all honesty, I've been in need for on for awhile now but have been too lazy to buy one. I've never spent a substantial amount on a hair dryer before, which is slightly counter intuitive seeing as I've sunk so much cash into hair care products and tools I could probably purchase a small island. But I've always kind of felt that a hair dryer is a hair dryer. My mentality is similar to that of experts who advise us not to waste money on expensive mascara and to put those bills toward foundation, for example. Since middle school I've always invested in quality straighteners and curling irons (which is moot considering the fact that I've using my curling iron exactly twice) because I felt that when using a product that applies direct heat it's important to buy one that will protect your hair. But a hair dryer is diffused heat, therefore, they're all kind of the same? Or at least that's what I've been telling myself. But when I actually sat down and thought about it, my hair always does feel better after having professionals blow it out, and I use my hair dryer 100x more than any other product so it would make sense to invest in a quality one, right? So basically the point of this whole run on paragraph is to ask you opinion, is an expensive hair dryer worth it? Do you have one? If so, does it make a difference, or should I just save my money?


I have my eye on this gorgeous Buttercup Blowdryer from Drybar. I think the color alone would make me want to use it. Thoughts? 

1 comment:

  1. It's so cute! I don't know if I would invest in an expensive hair dryer, my hair dresser just uses one from Sally's!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs