Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Years Eve Threads

(I received some interest in my NYE outfit so I thought I'd share all the deets.)

Okay, I'll just say it, I'm not normally a huge fan on New Year's Eve. I feel like every year there's tons of hype surrounding it and it very rarely lives up to everyones expectations. I've had lots of fun New Year's but only a handful were amazing. Despite all of this, I still find myself participating in the lunacy each year. But surprisingly this year went alarmingly easily! My plans were decided in November which took a huge weight off my shoulders. Since we were so early, we got an amazing deal (it ended up costing less than I used to pay for events in Baltimore!) and it sounded almost too good to be true. Which is when the real dilemma arose, what the heck am I going to wear?

I had been passively looking (which basically means I troll the same websites at which I always look in hopes that the perfect dress magically materializes before me) for about two and a half weeks. Needless to say that wasn't successful. So, while I was home for Christmas, I dragged my poor Momma to the mall to assist in the endless search. This is no exaggeration when I tell you I tried on thirteen dresses. I reluctantly settled on a plain black option that I was less than thrilled about, hoping I could jazz it up with some fun jewelry. But as I was headed for the parking lot, I told my mom I was going to do one last lap around the Nordstrom dress department. That amazing sales associated immediately pulled out this hot pink dress with an open back…and a bow. I mean I don't think I've ever seen a dress that's more made for me. I was done! 


Amanda Uprichard Sheath Dress

Paired with this J.Crew necklace, simple Kate Spade drop earrings, and classic (comfortable) black pumps and I was all set! 


Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Year's Eve!! 

7 comments:

  1. It is such a cute dress! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is awesome! Nordstrom always has amazing dresses.

    Sarah
    aroseinthecity0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that dress. I think I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress and it looks great on you!!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing that dress online! It's SO cute! Love it!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs