Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Comfort Zone


I used to be terrible about leaving my comfort zone because, well, it was just that, comfortable. But I realized that nothing worthwhile, or life changing, ever happens when you're playing it safe. One of the greatest things about living in a city like New York is that everyday you see so many different kinds of people and your personal world is expanded every single day. I've shared with you my New Years Resolutions, but perhaps the biggest one, for me, this year is to challenge myself. I want to do things I wouldn't normally do and go places I wouldn't normally go. I want to experience it all. 

One of my favorite Youtube videos is of a commencement address entitled "Always Wear Sunscreen" that gives a wonderful list of advice. But the one piece that has always stood out to me is "do something everyday that scares you". It could be small, like going to a workout class without a friend (believe me, I find that very intimidating) or as big as asking for that promotion. Whatever it is, take the chance. It will be worth it. And even if you don't get the desired result, you will have the peace of mind that you gave it a shot. 


2 comments:

  1. Love this post! the quote "do something everyday that scares you" is a great way to live your life!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Xoxo
    mQs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking to make a change in my career this year. The biggest thing holding me back is fear...I am definitely going to have to push beyond my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs