Friday, March 14, 2014

Fashion Faux Pas Friday Five

I have a lot of pet peeves when it come to fashion, so I could probably go on all day but rather than boring you to tears I'll summarize it with the five faux pas that are really sticking in my craw, at the moment.


1. Boyfriend Jeans- I challenge anyone to find one person who actually looks good in boyfriend jeans. Every girl I see wearing them looks like she was recently a contestant on The Biggest Loser.


2. Sock Buns- They were kind of cute two years ago, mildly amusing last year, and just plain sad now. Stop trying to make them happen, they're not going to happen. Let it go girls.


3. Colored shoes with black tights- Perhaps this bothers me because it draws flashbacks to 10+ years spent in a uniform, but this look really irritates me. If you must wear colored pumps, take a page out of my fashion goddess, Kate Middleton's, book and go with nude hose.


4. Uggs- Anyone who knows me, knows my feeling on Uggs. I will confess I own several pairs but out of necessity rather than fashion. The only time when it is acceptable to wear Uggs is when we're in a Polar Vortex, and/or it has recently snowed, and/or you're wearing yoga pants.


5. White Jeans in Cold Weather- I'm not one to buy into the whole "no white after Labor Day" deal because I think that gives you about a minute and a half to wear your white jeans before it's ungodly hot (I literally cannot remember that feeling but people tell me eventually summer will arrive). But I do think there are appropriate times to wear them. I generally abide by the post Easter rule, since I live on the east coast where it's a rarity for the temps to hit 60 before then, but as long as it's warm out I say go for it. (If you live in a warmer climate, wear those babies all year round). However, if it's 30 degrees outside, please please don't let me see you in them. 

So I'd say those are my top five biggest fashion pet peeves. What are yours? 

2 comments:

  1. My boyfriend hates sock buns. Despises them. I have so many things I dislike I don't thing I could list them all in a comment box! White jeans out of season are definitely one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also not a fan of the sock bun and uggs I absolutely hate with passion!!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs