Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Bucket List

Remember that episode of Sex and the City when Samantha is faced with the ridiculously long waiting list for the Hermes Birkin (and in an effort to beat the system, uses her new client, Lucy Lu's name, to cut to the front of the line)? Well, as I told you a few months back, Hermes has done away with the Birkin wait list, probably because the price of their product is so outrageous no one can even afford to buy them now. But the concept of a bag, so highly in demand, that it sells out before even hitting selves has not disappeared. Allow me to introduce you to the new it girl on the scene, the Mansur Gavriel Bucket Bag, aka the new love of my life. And like my real life search for the male version of the love of my life, my quest for this bag has evaded me. These babies are sold out everywhere!



What is so special about three bags, you ask? The company, which was just recently established in 2012, has seen unbelievable success in such a short period of time. They have only released two lines thus far, one last September and the other this past February, both selling out before they were even released. The bags have even drawn the attention of stars like Miranda Kerr and Kirstin Dunst. The price point is amazing, just $460 for the mini bucket and $495 for the larger bucket. The bags are made in Italy, of Italian leather, and shipped back to the United States. The company is based in New York City and offers tote and clutch options, as well. They even come with several bright color options for the lining. I'm completely smitten with them and have been doing everything in my power to get my hands on one when their next line comes out (which should be June/July).

Have you heard/seen these bags around town? What are your thoughts on them?

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs