Thursday, May 29, 2014

One Small Step

Do you have a piece of clothing that no matter how many times you try it on, or what new workout regime you try, you still never manage to feel comfortable in it? Mine personal Everest are white jeans. I love them...on other people. I think they always look so polished and chic, and yet when I put them on all I can see is a magnification of all of my flaws. Every summer, I optimistically go out and purchase a new pair, or two, and vow that this year I'm going to take the plunge, when in reality they end up sitting in my drawer gathering dust. I may stand alone here, but it's much more difficult to hide you flaws when they are glaring at you in WHITE, than behind dark denim. But this year I had had enough. I came to the realization that I most likely will never be 100% in love with my body, and I will always see countless things that need to be improved, but if I wait for perfection I will never get to wear my damn jeans! So lately I've been tackling my fears head on and, in all honesty, I still don't feel entirely comfortable in them, I'm proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone (one of my New Years Resolutions-check).

Here are three of the looks I've been rocking lately
White Jean 1

4 comments:

  1. I swear, I have worn almost identical outfits those multiple times over the last few weeks! I'm sure you look fabulous in white jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of white jeans, I live in them! I love the outfits you have created.

    bmorepreppy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to style my white jeans like you did in the second outfit, with a longer tunic! I have a favorite from Brooks Brothers that I would wear once a week if that was socially acceptable...

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs