Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Spring Cleaning

This past weekend I decided to force myself to have a mini staycation. I don't know about you, but I feel like I have been going nonstop since mid-March. I've been lucky enough to get to have some fabulous weekends away for weddings, holidays, or little trips, but suddenly realized Friday afternoon that I have not been in the city for two consecutive weekends since Christmas! It dawned on me that it was time for me to regroup and get everything organized with Memorial Day weekend rapidly approaching (yay!). A few of my close friends were out of town for graduations so it seemed like the perfect time to have a little Tory time (and focus on pepping up my apartment just in time for summer).

You may recall that focusing on buying things for my apartment, rather than clothing, was one of my New Years Resolutions. I'm sad to report that I have failed miserably. Almost six months in and I had yet to purchase a single thing for my apartment (but my closet was expanding at a rapid rate). Well I'm proud to announce that I bought my first piece, a rug! 

I decided to venture up to the only Home Goods in the city and check out what they had and fell madly in love with this navy and white area rug. It really warms up my living room!

I picked up some fresh blooms (which as you can see from the picture below lasted about 5 minutes)

After that I reorganized some smaller spaces in the living room and tackled my closet. I really feel as though I am ready for spring. 



On Sunday I went and pampered myself and got my hair highlighted. There is nothing like having your hair done. 

(I only took this selfie to show my Momma how the hair turned out) 

It was so relaxing to check a few things off the to-do list and have a little low key weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. I feel like everyone I know is never in the city for two weekends in a row! Love the rug and your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, this reminds me: I need to do some spring cleaning too (or is it summer cleaning now??)... anyway, love the rug ...and the flowers ...and there hair ...basically, I like everything about this post.
    that is all.
    xx ani || the ani project

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs