Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Delayed Weekend Recap

Not to worry, I'm not going to bore you every week with my recaps, but this past weekend was too great not to share. My parents came to visit for Father's Day and we had the best time. I'm lucky enough, that for the summer, I have pretty much every Friday off so my parents came in early Friday morning and we got a bonus day together. Preemptively we noticed that the weather wasn't supposed to be that wonderful so we planned on a trip to the Museum of Natural History. It's seriously the most incredible place and I could spend hours in there exploring (I know where I'm headed the next rainy Saturday afternoon).


After some intense thunderstorms, we caught a late dinner at one of my favorite sports in the city, The  Smith. It has a laid back, bistro feel, with the most delicious food. If you go, order the Deviled Eggs, you will thank me. Since it turned out to be a nice night we walked around, just the three of us, and caught up and grabbed some dessert.

Saturday momma and I grabbed a quick mani/ pedi while dad caught up on The World Cup. Then we headed out shopping. We popped in FAO Schwartz so I could pick up a few birthday presents for a certain little lady's first birthday! Then headed over to Bergdorf's where they were having their designer sale. Their shoe department is what I hope my heaven looks like and the deals on some of their shoes were amazing!

We then headed to Ferragamo, after going to mass at St. Patrick's where I picked up these little babies. I'm completely in love!

Sunday was the perfect weather, so after running a few errands, we headed down to the river and laid out and people watched.

It was just the greatest weekend and I hated saying goodbye to my parents. I cannot wait for them to come visit again soon.

2 comments:

  1. yay you got the Varinas! love the nude. The Natural History Museum is one of my favorites! The dinos get me everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want your Ferragamos!! It'll be awhile till I get my hands on a pair...

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs