Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Apartment Inspiration

If you live in New York you're aware of the countless, unique living conditions most twenty-something's are inhabiting. If you don't, allow me to introduce you to a world of "partial walls", "converted one-bedrooms" and "half-fridges". In Manhattan real estate you're generally forced to sacrifice one thing for another, whether it be location, space, or cost. I've come to realize that in this city you'll be hard pressed to find an apartment that doesn't have at least one downside.

In my case, I live in the living room. To most people, this would see insanely odd, and to be honest it's not ideal, but it's not unusual in the city.


When decorating my room, I approached it as if I were living in a studio apartment. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon an apartment that was almost identical to mine! (She and I even have almost identical bedding from Serena & Lily!)


After finding the initial image on Pinterest, I was blown away by the rest of her apartment tour. This studio continue to provide me with countless inspiration.






Slowly, but surely my apartment is coming together. I know they say the journey is the destination but the Type A person inside me wants everything exactly perfect right now. But I am trying to enjoy the decorating process and finding treasures that are special to me. 

First up on my list is finally hanging my Gray Malin photograph above my bed 
and framing it with these sconces. 

I'm obsessed with Lauren's apartment and have found countless sources of inspiration for my own space from her beautiful studio. 

3 comments:

  1. I love all of the creative ideas for making a smaller space work. Everything is so cute and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your room! Simple, cozy, and chic! There is no other apartment life like Manhattan apartment life. It is absurd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are lots of ways you can make small apartments look spacious. For one, you have to make use of every corner possible to store your belongings. Also, having your bedroom in the same area as your living room is not new to me, as I have a lot of friends who live just the same as you do. I'm glad to know that you're making that area as comfortable as possible, though. Anyway, I love the inspirations you shared! Good luck with the remodeling, Tory! All the best! :)

    Willard Evans @ WOW! Homes

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs